Sunglasses are fashion tools to protect your eyes from high intensity lights and harmful radiations from the sun, thereby providing stylish eye protection and a good feel of comfort for your eyes. Sunglasses are basically, the by-products of commonly known as spectacles or eyeglasses, which are used for correcting your eyesight, which uses powered lenses for improving your visual disabilities. Spectacles are tools to cure some common eye defections, whereas sunglasses are known to prevent them from getting damaged, hence sunglasses are preventive measures on a long term basis. In this modern world, sunglasses are not only used for protecting your eyes but also to give you a proper fashion look and styling sense. Sunglasses are used extensively in various conditions, where your eyes need to tackle tough lighting environments, where high intensity lights cause discomfort and could possibly damage your eyes. Most common situations like watching television, or working on your computer screen for hours, go out to watch a football match on a sunny day, driving during the day or at night, sports activities like swimming, cycling, driving, skiing and almost every possible sports uses sunglasses. The most common of all, sunglasses are extensively used in the world of fashion and style by men, women, and kids. In the late 1930s, Hollywood actors and actresses started to use sunglasses in movies, this created a huge trend in the fashion world, where people started to accept this change in their lifestyle, which led to a widespread increase in sunglasses with different styles and design.
Lenses And Frames
Older sunglasses used glass lens and metallic frames, but modern sunglasses uses light plastic lens, plastic frames, alloy frames, and even wooden frames. Modern lenses come with a thin coating of photographic material, which prevents high intensity lights from reaching your eyes and causing damages to your eyes. Lenses come in different color shades like blue, black, brown, green and red to match your fashion and your skin tone. Most lenses are 100% polarized, made out of polaroid plastic films, which prevents glaring and reflection, hence is useful during fishing when you need to see beneath the water surface for fishes. The most common of all is the photochromic lens which changes color when exposed to sunlight. Corrective glasses use a photochromic lens so that it could be used as a corrective tool as well as a sunshade during the day. Modern glasses used UV400 lens which protects your eyes from harmful radioactive radiations from the sun, by blocking those radiations from reaching your retina.
A Brief History Of Sunglasses
Sunglasses existed since prehistoric ages, the Romans used sunglasses made out of emeralds, the Chinese used crystal sunglasses to correct vision. At the start of 1920, sunglasses were used extensively by actors and actresses, which led to a widespread increase in demands of sunglasses among the general public, especially for fashion and giving themselves a boost in lifestyle. People started to discover new designs in the field of lenses and frames, more stylish and protective sunglasses were invented, which became widely used by everyone all across the world.
Common Uses Of Sunglasses
- One of the most common uses of sunglasses is to protect your eyes from harmful radioactive ultraviolet radiation from the sun, which could damage your eyes and lead to various eye diseases and vision impairment, possibly cancer. Most people feel uncomfortable with ultraviolet radiations, thus modern sunglasses prevent these radiations from reaching your eyes, as everyone knows well enough, that in recent years the number of ultraviolet radiations has increased considerably, thus modern sunglasses are equipped with high quality protective films to stop these harmful radiations from reaching your retina, these lenses are called UV400 lenses. These modern sunglasses can filter out more than 99% of UVA and UVB radiations from the sun.
- Sunglasses are comfort gadgets during high intensity lighting conditions with properties like anti glaring and anti reflection. Modern sunglasses give you extra comfort by providing all possible properties in the design of lenses and frames. Sunglasses also uses thin anti dusting films to give it a long lasting finish with anti scratch properties as well. Comfortable nose pads and well designed temple just gives you a stress free vision throughout the day.
- Sunglasses are tools to cover your eyes and prevent people from keeping direct eye contact, hides wrinkles seen around your eyes, hides redness in eyes, hides eye disorders and common eye diseases, prevents the exposure of your inner feelings like sadness, crying or weeping to the outside world. The most common of all hides identity, sunglasses with proper apparel can completely hide your identity and make you look completely different.
- The extensive use of sunglasses in the field of movies and entertainment has transformed fashion to the next level. Mostly used for style and fashion, sunglasses has been widely accepted as a fashion gadget and a must have fashion accessory. Fresh new design and eye catching colored lenses keep emerging, leading to a better business with increased demand and sales every day. Newer brands have emerged with their own unique style and modern technology.
- Sunglasses are extensively used in the field of sports and outdoor activities. Activities like surfing, skiing, swimming and cycling use sunglasses most of the time. Pilots use sunglasses as a means to prevent glaring, reflection and UV radiations. Sunglasses are also used for driving vehicles during the day and at night, during high intensity lighting conditions, like glaring during the dawn.
Types Of Modern Eyewear
- Aviator Sunglasses – The classic pilot aviator sunglasses with drop shaped lenses and thin metallic frame, has been an all time classic, from movies to the common public, it has been the longest trending design which people have accepted at all times and all seasons. The aviator sunglasses were widely accepted and used by pilots in the early 1970s, hence the name pilot aviator sunglasses, since the release of the movie ‘Top Gun’, it has been in fashion till now.
- Oversized Sunglasses – The common style and design of the early 1980s, mostly adapted by actors and actresses, the round rectangular thick frame oversized sunglasses was a common fashion trend. These oversized sunglasses have recently bloomed in the fashion world with a twist in design as compared to the older design, where you can find oversized butterfly sunglasses for women, a common modification to the old model. Oversized aviator sunglasses, oversized round sunglasses, oversized oval sunglasses, oversized square sunglasses, and oversized rectangle sunglasses are all modification of the old oversized sunglasses with square design.
- Teashades Sunglasses – Also called `John Lennon` sunglasses, is characterized by a perfectly medium round lens with a thin metallic frame. Dark lenses are very common, but modern sunglasses comes with different shades and colored lenses. Teashades glasses are quite rare but give you a perfect fashion boost in style and increases your overall lifestyle by giving you different kinds of uniqueness.
- Rectangular Sunglasses – This type of sunglasses comes in different variants like perfectly rectangular, square, round rectangular and thin rectangular sunglasses. Mostly used by men, this type of sunglasses is used extensively during sports activities and professional work. The most common example of rectangular sunglasses is the one used in the movie ‘The Matrix’, after which it has been widely accepted by professional and software executives all around the world as a mark of style and comfort with stress free vision while using computers screens and televisions. Rimless and semi rimless rectangular sunglasses are extensively used for swimming, surfing, and other related beach sports.
Sunglasses are the most common and one of the most important eye gadgets for fashion, style and eye safety. People use sunglasses in different ways, some use it for protection and some for fashion and style. This tool has always been one of the most closest fashion gadgets to humans. A clear eyesight always keeps you healthy both physically as well as mentally, gives you a sharper and clearer sensation of the world around you. Eyes are the most precious organ in our human body, hence we should protect it in every possible way so that we can see this world in a better way every day.
Sunglasses change our lifestyle in a better way by adding style to our personality, with various designs of sunglasses which are used for different events and occasions, consider buying designer modern sunglasses with utmost comfort, complete safety for your eyes and crystal clear stress free vision. Buy high quality 100% polarized UV400 sunglasses with style and durability at cheap prices.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Sandeep_M_Pradhan/